Emergency? Need Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning? No Problem. We Are On the Way!
Whether your business is a small single location facility or has multiple locations, Lewis Farms and Liquid Waste is equipped to deal with all of your liquid waste removal needs. We offer complete septic pumping and disposal services as well as commercial grease trap cleaning, as may be required by your local health department or municipal ordinance.
Commercial Septic Tank and Grease Trap Service
What Is A Grease Trap
Requirements For Grease Trap Cleaning
- All food service establishments are required to have grease-handling facilities approved by the Control Authority.
- All food service establishments’ grease-handling facilities shall be subject to review, evaluation, and inspection by CMU representatives during normal working hours with the results of the inspections made available to the facility owner, leaseholder or operator.
- Food service establishments receiving two (2) consecutive unsatisfactory evaluations or inspections may be subject to penalties or other corrective actions as provided for in the Sewer Use Ordinance.
- Food service establishments that continue to ignore CMU Grease Trap Policy Requirements may be considered for sewer service disconnection.
- Grease-handling facilities and equipment are required to be cleaned, pumped and maintained on a regular basis in order to ensure adequate operation. All grease traps must be cleaned (by a CMU approved grease handling and hauling company), maintained and repaired as needed. All grease traps must be pumped out completely. Outside traps should be pumped on a quarterly basis while smaller under-sink grease traps should be pumped monthly. The facility’s owner, lease-holder, or operator is responsible for approved grease removal and disposal. In addition, on-site records detailing the dates and means of disposal must also be kept.